Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Rene Girard on Satan

I've been rereading Rene Girard's I See Satan Fall Like Lightning. His discussions re Satan are very good. Here's some excerpts from various books on the subject of Satan. Via the absolutely fantastic Girardian Lectionary.

Excerpts from René Girard's essay "Satan," from The Girard Reader.

An Excerpt from René Girard's I See Satan Fall Like Lightning.

An Excerpt from René Girard's I See Satan Fall Like Lightning - Chapter 8
Powers and Principalities


Here's a section on the Suffering Servant and the cycle of mimetic victimage.

Paul Nuechterlein does a great service with his Girardian Lectionary site, I can't say enough good things about it. Here's the page you want to start at if you want to do some research on specific verses.

No comments: