- The Holy of Holies was Day One of Creation. The Holy of Holies was eternity within creation.
- Day One the basic structure of the tabernacle was set up.
- Day Two the firmament was created. The Ark was screened from view by the Veil. The Veil was the boundary between Earth and Heaven.
- Day Three God created dry land and vegetation. This was where the bread was offered.
- Fourth Day was created sun, moon and stars. The seven branch lampstand symbolized the sun, moon and stars.
- On the Sixth Day Adam was created as the High Priest.
This is all just speculation on my part, but I think the Genesis creation story may relate to what happens on the Day of Atonement.
Revelation 13:8, “…the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”
Creation proceeds from the Holy of Holies. On the Day of Atonement the Blood/Life of the sacrificed goat, who represents Yahweh, carried by the High Priest who also represents Yahweh, emerges from the Holy of Holies renewing Creation/Temple. As you can see the implications for Girardian theory are amazing. Everything proceeds from the Holy of Holies outwards. From Heaven to Creation.