Sunday, August 14, 2005

The War On Iraq

Let me put this whole blog project of mine into perspective. It began with the build-up to the War on Iraq. It was at this point I knew that a reformation of American Christianity was needed. I realized something had gone horribly wrong when the most fanatically pro-war segment of society was also the segment that called itself the most Christian. I was shocked that something as wrong as this war could happen and not only that but that the people who should stand up and stop it or speak out against it were the ones most enthusiastically pro-war. But like always when we are most despondent over the killing and futility of all things God comes and begins to gently lead us into the right direction. My great hope is that the War on Iraq will lead to a great renewal and revival of Christianity, especially in America where the need and hunger is so great.


No comments: